- Lisa is a terrific dog trainer! After caring for dogs our entire lives, we adopted a 4 year old lab rescue pooch in the fall of 2012. Our dog came from an environment in which he spent 4 years behind a fence and was walked only once a week. As you might expect, he was poorly socialized, fearful/aggressive and lunged at other dogs when walking in the neighborhood or in the park. After getting dragged into the street at the end of a leash and some poorly-timed falls, we had begun to think we would have to give up our rescue dog. We consulted a number of trainers with widely varying advice, attended classes, none of which made a significant difference. Then a friend from the dog park recommended Lisa and “Oh Behave!” Lisa was immediately warm and engaging, took a thorough history, observed us with the dog in the neighborhood. She made practical suggestions and coached us on how to implement them. She provided written summaries of the training points. She has been available by email and phone. Our dog improved remarkably. In a word, we are happy campers and enjoy life with a much better-behaved, mellow dog. Lisa is an incredible resource, an up-beat coach, and a thoughtful practitioner of the science of developing relationships. — S & T, San Francisco
- I really couldn’t have asked for a better dog trainer to help channel my dog’s abundance of energy in a way that doesn’t result in a law suit from an angry poodle-owner from the dog park! My husband and I adopted an adorable adolescent Eskimo-Pomeranian mix from Wonder Dog Rescue about 2 months ago and after a rocky start (which led to his name, Rocky) we were fortunate enough to find Lisa, preserving what little sanity we had left. It’s not that Rocky’s a bad dog…he’s a terrific dog…but after being raised on the streets and in a shelter and he came to us with some serious naughty behaviors! After only 3 sessions with Lisa, we’re already seeing a massive improvement in his behavior, his confidence, and his overall happiness.Lisa focuses on only positive training, which is so much more enjoyable than yelling. Rocky absolutely LOVES training with Lisa. . . My husband and I love it too because we always feel like Lisa gives us practical advice and homework that we can apply both in our home and out in the “real world” which is full of distractions that drive our impulse-driven pup wild. Lisa is professional, a great communicator, and an overall joy to work with. I would recommend her in a heart beat.
— Jill O., San Francisco
- More testimonials: 5 Stars on Yelp!
Buzz for Lisa and Oh Behave!
- Many thanks & woofs to Bisket Baskets for wonderful press featuring the Oh Behave! blog.
- The Oh Behave! blog has been included in www.veterinariancolleges.org’s list of Top 25 Dog Training Blogs! Check out the full list here.
- I’m excited to announce that as of February 2011, I’ll be teaching group classes in San Francisco for Dr. Ian Dunbar’s premier dog training school, Sirius Puppy Training! Visit my Classes page or the Sirius website for the lineup of classes and registration links.
- Check out KTVU’s video on the East Bay SPCA’s exciting non-violence & humane education program, “Teaching Love & Compassion,” in which I taught kids to train shelter dogs. TLC students are interviewed and adorable East Bay SPCA shelter dogs are featured!
- Oh Behave! was nominated in SF Gate’s Baylist Best 2008, 2009 & 2010 contests as one of the best Bay Area pet dog training businesses!